The Principles of Management CLEP exam covers material that is usually taught in an introductory course in the essentials of management and organization. Questions on the exam require you to demonstrate knowledge of management functions and techniques, and ability to associate the meaning of specific terminology with important management ideas, processes, and techniques.
The examination contains approximately 100 questions to be answered in 90 minutes.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Questions on the Principles of Management examination require test takers to demonstrate one or more of the following abilities in the approximate proportions indicated.
- Specific factual knowledge, recall, and general understanding of purposes, functions, and techniques of management (about 10% of the exam)
- Understanding of and ability to associate the meaning of specific terminology with important management ideas, processes, techniques, concepts, and elements (about 40% of the exam)
- Understanding of theory and significant underlying assumptions, concepts, and limitations of management data, including a comprehension of the rationale of procedures, methods, and analyses (about 40% of the exam)
- Application of knowledge, general concepts, and principles to specific problems (about 10% of the exam)
The subject matter of the Principles of Management examination is drawn from the following topics. The percentages next to the main topics indicate the approximate percentage of exam questions on that topic.
Organization and Human Resources (15%–25%)
- Personnel administration
- Human relations and motivation
- Training and development
- Performance appraisal
- Organizational development
- Legal concerns
- Workforce diversity
- Recruiting and selecting
- Compensation and benefits
- Collective bargaining
Operational Aspects of Management (10%–20%)
- Operations planning and control
- Work scheduling
- Quality management (e.g., TQM)
- Information processing and management
- Strategic planning and analysis
Functional Aspects of Management (45%–55%)
- Decision making
- Organization charts
- Organizational structure
- Problem solving
- Group dynamics and team functions
- Conflict resolution
- Organizational theory
- Historical aspects
International Management and Contemporary Issues (10%–20%)
- Value dimensions
- Regional economic integration
- Trading alliances
- Global environment
- Social responsibilities of business
- Government regulation
- Management theories and theorists
- Creativity and innovation
User Test Results for the Principles of Management CLEP Exam
187 users have submitted their test results to us since March 2016
180 (96.2%) of those users have reported an ACE recommended passing score
The table below represents our users most recent test results for the Principles of Management CLEP exam after using Credits4Less.
Note: The date shown below represents the date that they reported their score to us.
|Feb 21, 2018||Pass||79|
|Feb 17, 2018||Pass||71|
|Feb 15, 2018||Pass||63|
|Feb 11, 2018||Pass||64|
|Feb 3, 2018||Pass||53|
Our Study Guide
Credits4Less’ Principles of Management study guide will leave you fully prepared to pass your Principles of Management CLEP exam. Our study guide is broken down to match the exact make up of the actual CLEP exam with each unit containing a set of cheat sheet notes and dozens of practice questions.