The Natural Sciences CLEP exam covers a wide range of topics frequently taught in introductory courses surveying both biological and physical sciences at the freshman or sophomore level. Such courses generally satisfy distribution or general education requirements in science that usually are not required of nor taken by science majors. The Natural Sciences exam is not intended for those specializing in science; it is intended to test the understanding of scientific concepts that an adult with a liberal arts education should have.
The examination contains approximately 120 questions to be answered in 90 minutes.
The subject matter of the Natural Sciences examination is drawn from the following topics. The percentages next to the main topics indicate the approximate percentage of exam questions on that topic.
Biological Science (50%)
- 10% Origin and evolution of life, classification of organisms
- 10% Cell organization, cell division, chemical nature of the gene, bioenergetics, biosynthesis
- 20% Structure, function, and development in organisms; patterns of heredity
- 10% Concepts of population biology with emphasis on ecology
Physical Science (50%)
- 7% Atomic and nuclear structure and properties, elementary particles, nuclear reactions
- 10% Chemical elements, compounds and reactions, molecular structure and bonding
- 12% Heat, thermodynamics, and states of matter; classical mechanics; relativity
- 4% Electricity and magnetism, waves, light, and sound
- 7% The universe: galaxies, stars, the solar system
- 10% The Earth: atmosphere, hydrosphere, structure features, geologic processes, and history
User Test Results for the Natural Sciences CLEP Exam
165 users have submitted their test results to us since March 2016
154 (93.3%) of those users have reported an ACE recommended passing score
The table below represents our users most recent test results for the Natural Sciences CLEP exam after using Credits4Less.
Note: The date shown below represents the date that they reported their score to us.
|Feb 19, 2018||Pass||68|
|Feb 15, 2018||Pass||54|
|Feb 9, 2018||Pass||64|
|Feb 5, 2018||Pass||73|
|Jan 30, 2018||Pass||71|
Our Study Guide
Credits4Less’ Natural Sciences study guide will leave you fully prepared to pass your Natural Sciences CLEP exam. Our study guide is broken down to match the exact make up of the actual CLEP exam with each unit containing a set of cheat sheet notes and dozens of practice questions.