The Introductory Business Law CLEP exam covers material that is usually taught in an introductory one-semester college course in the subject. The examination places not only major emphasis on understanding the functions of contracts in American business law, but it also includes questions on the history and sources of American law, legal systems and procedures, agency and employment, sales, and other topics.
The examination contains approximately 100 questions to be answered in 90 minutes.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Questions on the test require candidates to demonstrate one or more of the following abilities in the approximate proportions indicated.
- Knowledge of the basic facts and terms (about 30%–35% of the examination)
- Understanding of concepts and principles (about 30%–35% of the examination)
- Ability to apply knowledge to specific case problems (about 30% of the examination)
The subject matter of the Introductory Business Law examination is drawn from the following topics. The percentages next to the main topics indicate the approximate percentages of exam questions on those topics.
History and Sources of American Law/Constitutional Law (5%–10%)
American Legal Systems and Procedures (5%–10%)
- Meanings of terms
- Formation of contracts
- Joint obligations
- Contracts for the benefit of third parties
- Statute of frauds
- Scopes and meanings of contracts
- Breach of contract and remedies
- Bar to remedies for breach of contract
- Discharge of contracts
- Illegal contracts
Legal Environment (20%–25%)
- Social responsibility of corporations
- Government regulation/administrative agencies
- Antitrust law
- Employment law
- Product liability
- Consumer protection
- International business law
- Agency, partnerships, and corporations
User Test Results for the Introductory Business Law CLEP Exam
288 users have submitted their test results to us since March 2016
265 (92.3%) of those users have reported an ACE recommended passing score
The table below represents our users most recent test results for the Introductory Business Law CLEP exam after using Credits4Less.
Note: The date shown below represents the date that they reported their score to us.
|Feb 21, 2018||Pass||71|
|Feb 13, 2018||Pass||58|
|Feb 5, 2018||Pass||61|
|Feb 3, 2018||Pass||77|
|Jan 31, 2018||Pass||68|
Our Study Guide
Credits4Less’ Introductory Business Law study guide will leave you fully prepared to pass your Introductory Business Law CLEP exam. Our study guide is broken down to match the exact make up of the actual CLEP exam with each unit containing a set of cheat sheet notes and dozens of practice questions.